Lennon Insurance Agency located in Woburn, Massachusetts has been providing Commercial Auto Insurance to Lexington MA commercial business owners for over 80 years. For both large and small companies, we offer our clients a tailored approach to fully understanding their commercial auto insurance needs and custom-fit an automobile insurance policy to reflect those needs. Commercial Businesses will vary in type and size but the need for commercial auto protection is the same for all businesses.
Massachusetts Auto Insurance is required by law and it is important to have the right amount of protection. Auto Insurance will protect your vehicle from damage and car theft. More importantly, it is a means of extending this protection to yourself, your family, and your passengers.
Auto insurance rates are no longer set by the Insurance commissioner. Each carrier has their own auto rates, special endorsements, and enhancements. It is important to work with an experienced Massachusetts insurance agency such as Lennon Insurance Agency, Inc. located at 629 Main Street Woburn, MA 01801. Lennon Insurance will make sure you are getting the proper commercial auto insurance coverage and we will make sure you get the best premium. Commercial auot and truck insurance can be confusing, and with so many options, an independent insurance agent can help ensure that you understand what you are purchasing.
The Massachusetts Auto Policy has 12 basic parts:
- Bodily Injury to others protects you against legal liability for the accidental injury or death of others caused by the operation of your car, but only if the accident happens in Massachusetts. This is a compulsory coverage. You will be covered up to a basic limit of $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) pays up to $8,000 for medical expenses, replacement services, and 75% of any lost wages. PIP will pay these expenses to your or anyone you let drive your car, and anyone living in your household, passengers and pedestrians, no matter who causes the accident.
- Bodily Injury Caused by an Uninsured Auto protects you, anyone you let drive your car, household members and passengers against losses caused by and uninsured or unidentified driver ("hit and run"). A minimum limit of $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident is required.
- Property Damage pays for damage to another person's property when you, a household member or another authorized driver cause an accident. A minimum of $5,000 is required.
- Optional Bodily Injury coverage pays for damages to people injured or killed in accidents, if you or a household member is legally responsible for the accident. Unlike the Compulsory part, this coverage does provide coverage for injuries to guest occupants and for accidents occurring outside of Massachusetts.
- Medical Payments pays for reasonable expenses for necessary medical and funeral services to yourself and your passengers incurred as the result of an accident.
- Collision coverage is optional, and it provides money to repair your vehicle no matter whose fault the accident is. Your deductible will be applied, if you are found at fault. This coverage is required by most banks, if you have a loan on your car.
- Limited Collision coverage is a less expensive alternative to Collision. This coverage pays in some situations for accidental damages to your auto caused by a collision. Coverage is only provided for multiple car accidents in which the driver was no more than 50% at fault. The other driver must be known and identified.
- Comprehensive coverage provides protection against fire, theft, vandalism, malicious mischief and glass. Although comprehensive coverage does come with a deductible, there is no deductible on glass.
- Substitute Transportation coverage reimburses you, up to the limits shown on the declaration page, in certain situations if your auto was in a collision and is being repaired or replaced.
- Towing and Labor coverage pays for towing and labor costs, up to the limit shown on the declaration page, incurred each time your auto is disabled.
- Bodily injury caused by an underinsured Auto pays for damages for bodily injury as the result of certain accidents caused by someone who does not have enough insurance.
This information is general insurance information to help you understand the different types of insurance coverage. They do not refer to any specific contract of insurance, and they do not modify any definitions expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your insurance coverage.